April 29, 2019 Our Chefs' Recipes
Pork and Shrimp Burgers
Pork and shrimp burgers
- 1/2 lb (200 g) raw shrimps, shelled and finely chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) raw pork, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup (125 g) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish to taste:
- Hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into small patties with your hands.
- Grill the patties on the barbecue. For best results, use a meat thermometer to make sure the pork is fully cooked. The internal temperature should read 160°F (71°C).
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns on the barbecues or in the toaster.
- Assemble the burgers and garnish with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, mayonnaise and ketchup to taste.
CHEF AT LE QUARTIER-MONT-ST-HILAIRE SENIORS’ HOME