January 7, 2019 Our Chefs' Recipes
Veal short ribs with cranberry and lime
VEAL SHORT RIBS WITH CRANBERRY AND LIME
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 2 kg veal short ribs (or pork flank ribs)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 L beef stock
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 knob butter
- 60 g dried cranberries
- 1 lime (for zest)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot, boil the veal short ribs, carrots, onions and garlic in the beef stock for 1 hour.
- Remove the meat and leave to cool.
- Reduce the broth until it reaches a thick consistency. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt one knob of butter, then begin to cook the cranberries, add lime zest and deglaze with red wine. Add the reduced broth.
- Add the veal short ribs to the mixture and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice with seasonal vegetables.
This recipe can also be prepared hors d’oeuvres/tapas style. Simply separate the short ribs into small, individual portions and present on a platter.