INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
For the patty:
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 star anise
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 cup canola oil
For the topping:
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 20 tail-off white shrimp (medium size)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp spicy mayo
- ½ cup edamame
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Microgreens and edible flowers (optional toppings)
- In a pot, place the rice and cover with 2½ cups water. Add the salt and star anise, cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes on low heat until the rice is cooked and sticky. Once cooked, let the rice stand for 10 minutes.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and cook the shrimp (approximately 7 minutes). Drain the shrimp, rinse with cold water and refrigerate.
- Using a cutter, form 4 patties, then leave them in the refrigerator until they are completely cold and the rice is firm.
- Wash the mango and cut it into strips. Do the same with the avocado, then place them in the refrigerator.
- Season the shrimp with oil, juice and lime zest and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, place the edamame and cover with water, then microwave for 3 minutes. Drain the edamame and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and add milk. Mix well. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Once the patties are completely cold, soak them in the egg and milk mixture, then coat them with the bread crumbs.
- In a pan, heat the canola oil to 350 °F and fry the patties on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Place one patty on each plate and spread 1 tablespoon of spicy mayo on the patty.
- Add a slice of smoked salmon, then a few shrimp, and then another salmon slice. Garnish with the mango and avocado.
- Garnish the plate with edamame, sesame seeds, microgreens and some edible flowers.
Chef at Le 22