INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1½ lb cooked lobster meat, cut into large pieces
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lobster bisque (optional)
- ¼ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce (for crunchiness)
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ lemon or lime, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the lettuce, butter and lemon or lime. Let the mixture cool 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread butter on the outside of the hot dog buns and grill them on each side in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once grilled, fill the buns with lettuce and the lobster mixture. Decorate with thin lemon or lime slices.
Chef’s Tip : You can also use garlic butter to grill your hot dog buns.
Chef at Le Quartier Sud