Chef’s Recipe: Crab cake and fail-proof sauce gribiche
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh crab meat, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
Fail-proof sauce gribiche
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp pickles, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
PREPARATION: CRAB CAKES
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Form six small patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the patties in the pan and cook on each side 5 minutes (until golden brown).
PREPARATION: SAUCE GRIBICHE
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- In a food processor, blend the egg yolks, mustard, salt and pepper until a smooth texture is formed.
- Gently add oil to the yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, while whisking the mixture.
- Add vinegar.
- Coarsely chop the cooked egg whites.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture along with the capers and pickles.
Bring the flavours of the coast to your patio with this superb crab cake recipe. Fast and easy to prepare, enjoy it as a starter or main or add it to your favourite summer salad. If you prefer, you can also use tartar sauce instead of the sauce gribiche.
Enjoy your crab cake!
CHEF AT CALÉO