Easing of restrictions for residents: Visits by family and outings
Updated June 23rd, 2020 at 10:23 AM
Quebec’s Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS) recently issued various new measures aimed at easing restrictions for private seniors' residences. A number of them will take effect immediately, while others will not be implemented until June 26.
Visits by family and friends
Good news! Family and friends may now visit residents in their rental units, provided that they comply with the following rules:
- Visitors are not permitted in common areas, except when entering or exiting the building.
- Face coverings must be worn while moving around inside the residence.
- Gatherings must be limited to a maximum of 10 people whether inside or outside your unit. In addition, gatherings should not include individuals from more than 3 separate households.
- A minimum distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each person.
We are very pleased that residents will be able to visit once again with family and friends in their rental units. However, we advise to continue following the customary health procedures.
Please note that residents who are deemed COVID-19-positive are not authorized to receive visitors. In the event of an outbreak in the residence, visits will be suspended.
Visits by family and friends - Signature care units
If no COVID-19 cases are recorded in the Signature care units, family and friends may visit residents in their rental units, provided that they comply with the rules above.
Leaving the residence
Residents are now allowed to leave without supervision and are allowed to be away from the residence for periods of longer than 24 hours. However, residents tested positive to COVID-19 are not authorized to leave the residence.
Grocery and pharmacy delivery
Grocery and pharmacy deliverers can deliver packages right to the resident's door.
Effective next Friday (June 26), the following individuals are authorized to visit residents in their rental unit:
- Healthcare providers (dentists, dental hygienists, hearing care professionals, etc.)
- Individuals hired by the resident or the family, regardless of the service offered (hair stylists, housekeeping, etc.).
Please note that, for the time being, the protocol for caregiver visits remains the same. We will notify of any changes as soon as we receive new guidelines.
We are very pleased to announce these new measures. We hope you will derive full benefit from them while complying with all public health measures in effect.