December 18, 2019 Our Chefs' Recipes
- 12 tomatoes
- 4 peaches
- 4 pears
- 4 apples
- 2 onions
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pickling spices
- 1½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- Blanch the peaches and pears.
- Peel and dice the apples, peaches, pears, onions and tomatoes.
- Add the finely chopped celery, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Place the pickling spices in a cotton cheesecloth bundle and add to the other ingredients.
- Mix well and simmer for an hour at low-medium heat.
Recipe prepared by residents of Les Promenades du Parc and sold at the residence's Christmas Market. The profits from the sale were donated to the Alzheimer Society.