February 25, 2020 Our Chefs' Recipes
Yellow beet terrine with goat cheese
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 kg yellow beets
- 400 g goat cheese
- 300 g cream cheese
- 100 ml 15% cooking cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the beets in a pot of salted water, then let cool completely.
- Peel the beets and thinly slice with a knife or mandoline slicer.
- Blend the goat cheese, cream cheese and spices in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat the cooking cream in a saucepan. Add to the food processor and blend.
- In a 9 x 13 in. baking dish, place a layer of beets and then a layer of the cheese mixture. Alternate until you have four layers of beets and three of cheese.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Cut the terrine into portions and serve as an entrée or a side dish.
Chef at Boréa